June 11, 2020
Librex built the Librex app as a free app. This service is provided by Librex for free. The purpose of this page is to describe the collection and usage of user data for the Librex app and website.
By using Librex, you consent to the collection and use of information in relation to this policy. We use the data to improve Librex.
Librex collects some information about your account and content to make for a functional experience and to ensure that you go to the college that you attend the college associated with the email that you use to sign up. Here is how we interact with your information:
- Sign Up Info: At sign up, you will be assigned a user ID. You may request to change this user ID at any time by contacting us.
- User Generated Contact: We collect information as you interact with our app and website. Specifically, we collect the text of your posts and comments as well as voting behavior and bookmarks. All posts and comments are public and are publicly displayed. We reserve the right to view, share and modify posts from our users. Be careful not to post any identifying information in your content.
- Additional Info: We may collect information you send to us through a form or communication with our company. This includes communications through third-party social media sites, requests for customer support, or any other method of communication with Librex or our employees and partners.
Below is some of the other information we may collect as you interact with Librex:
- Usage Information: We may collect statistics on the frequency with which you access Librex and the posts you view. We may also look at your interactions with posts. This information is used to make for a better user experience and to tweak the app and website.
- Website statistics tracking: We collect statistics on our website using Google Analytics.
By using Librex you consent to share the content of your posts and comments with the public.
Your posts may also be used to comply with legal regulations and processes.
Aggregate data may also be shared for marketing and technical analysis.
Your posts remain public so long as we do not delete them from Librex.
We may keep archived copies of some information for legal reasons.
Your posts will remain anonymous unless we perceive them as a threat to another person.
Additional Data Collection Information
By using Librex you consent to US laws and regulations which apply to the following:
Information Collection and Use:
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use Librex, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites: